You must have heard of people raving about the Cats Eye Crystal Gemstone, and for good reason. If you don’t yet know what it is, you might be curious to learn. As the name suggests, the Cats Eye Crystal Gemstone looks like a cat’s eye. In other terms, it is also known as the Lehsunia, Chrysoberyl or the Vaiduryam stone. The Cat’s Eye Crystal Gemstone can come in many varieties of mineral families such as Apatite, Quartz and Chrysoberyl. The latter most is considered the original Cat’s Eye. Associated with the planet Ketu, this gem is said to neutralize the harmful effects caused by the planet. Although the Cat’s Eye Crystal Gemstone has always been symbolic of good luck, it gained popularity only towards the end of the 19th century. What happened back then you ask? Well, it caught attention of the masses when the Duke of Counnaught presented it as a token of engagement.
Meanings of the Cat’s Eye Crystal Gemstone:
Cat’s Eye Crystal Gemstones are available in different colors and in different shades. Each has its own meaning. Want to learn about them? Well, let us tell you.
‘Milk Cat’s Eye’ or the ‘Honey Cat’s Eye’ (The highest quality Cat’s Eye): fulfillment of desires, good luck, and abolishment of negative energies, peace, fertility, heightened concentration, and grounding
Grey Cat’s Eye: relief from nightmares, warding off negative energy
Lilac Cat’s Eye: sense of higher self, spirituality, kindness, calm
Orange Cat’s Eye: sexuality, fulfillment of desire, fertility
Yellow Cat’s Eye: emotion, feeling, self-confidence
Turquoise Cat’s Eye: public speaking, oration, enhanced communication skills
Blue Cat’s Eye: good communication, clear speech
Pink Cat’s Eye: accuracy, proper judgment, happiness, confidence, self-awareness
Benefits of the Cat’s Eye Crystal Gemstone
- Alleviation of the effects of Ketu: As said before, the Cat’s Eye Crystal Gemstone is associated with the planet Ketu. It helps to pacify the painful and miserable life experiences that are often brought in by planet Ketu. A period of life governed by the planet Ketu can be difficult to cope with. However, the Cat’s Eye helps to attain spiritual enlightenment at this time and also helps to eradicate materialism.
- Luck: The Cat’s Eye is a gem that is most often favored by risk-takers and adventurers. As you probably guessed, it is because of the good luck brought by this gem. Its luck is most beneficial to people who are involved in business, gambling or stock investment.
- Mental Balance: By helping the wearer repel negative energies and unwanted desires, this gemstone can help to distress. This stone aids in getting rid of anxiety and mental imbalances- leading to a happier, more positive life.
- Healing Physical Health: Not only does this stone help to improve mental health, it is said to be equally helpful in improving physical health as well. It has healing properties mainly against cancer and anorexia. It helps to restore health that may have been lost due to disease, abuse or depression.
- Memory Improvement: It is said that this gemstone provides a heightened sense of awareness and an increased memory power. It also helps to improve focus and have a clearer vision.
- A Lucky Charm: Many people wear the Cat’s Eye as a lucky charm to ward off evil spirits and keep away from harmful energies.
- Intellect: It is said that the Cat’s Eye helps to enhance qualities such as intellect and creativity. The wearer is also able to learn skills more quickly.
- Optimism and courage: The Cat’s Eye Crystal Gemstone helps to keep negativity away and makes the wearer more optimistic and brave. It keeps fears away and provides the wearer more strength and self- confidence.
Healing Properties of the Cat’s Eye Healing Crystal
As stated above, the Cat’s Eye Healing Crystal has very holistic healing properties. In terms of physical healing properties, it is often worn by those who are suffering from cancer(especially leukemia) or anorexia. It can help to restore health that is lost, mainly due to abuse or disease. The gem also helps to heal headaches, sciatic pain, facial pain and other kinds of pain arising due to the nervous system. Amongst others, the main organs this gem is said to heal are the pancreas, kidneys, liver, spleen and lymph nodes.
In terms in mental health and overall well-being, the gem is just as helpful. It is a gem that provides ample amount of protective and positive energy. The gem is said to being happiness, confidence and generosity. It keeps misfortune away and amplifies good luck and optimistic energy.